We have a COVID-19 risk assessment and safe working policy in place, which has been written using the latest guidance from the Health and Safety Executive and HM Government.
We have a duty to reduce workplace risk to the lowest reasonably practicable level by taking preventative measures. In the context of COVID-19 this means working through these steps in order:
1. Increasing the frequency of handwashing and surface cleaning.
2. Comply with the social distancing guidelines - keeping people 2m apart wherever possible.
3. All our staff have personal protective equipment including hand sanitiser and are fully trained on safe working practices.
4. Where the social distancing guidelines cannot be followed in full, then take all the mitigating actions possible to reduce the risk of transmission between staff. Further mitigating actions include:
• Increasing the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning.
• Keeping the activity time involved as short as possible.
• Using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
• Reducing the number of people each person has contact with by using ‘fixed teams.’
No one is obliged to work in an unsafe work environment and particular regard is given to those working who are especially vulnerable to COVID-19.
Please email if you would like to see full details of our policies.